Monday, August 17, 2009

Cupcakes for USM Convocation

Seeing purple...... USM 40th Convocation Ceremony took place last week. My sis suggested me to send over some cakes for sale at the students' booth. With less than a day notice these are the 100 cupcakes I made.
Scroll holder & Flowers

Graduation Robes with some of the faculty color codes

Purple Graduation Caps with black tassels

Miscellaneous

I was not able to visit the bazaar because of other urgent matters, wanted to see if the cupcakes topping could stand the humidity & heat under the bazaar tents. One lesson I learned, it is not a good idea to keep the cupcakes in its individual fully enclosed dome cases under such harsh condition especially if the topping contains dairy. About a dozen balance cupcakes left were removed from sale on 4th day. The extra ones made with this order and left in my kitchen are still good even after 6 days, hmm............

0 comments: