Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Number 1 Cake, with Dibo the Gift Dragon




Getting cake orders from Nizaha always excites me. She always request something new for me to try. This Number 1 cake is for her daughter's birthday; choc & vanilla cake layers with sliced peaches filling. Also requested were edible image of her very cute daughter with her 2-toothed grin and Dibo the Gift Dragon theme.

I had politely refuse to make the number 1 cake for a few of my new 1st time customer in the past (i'm sorry....), but with Nizaha I just had to give it a try.

The number 1 pan was not available in this area, getting it delivered from KL would mean I had to pay double for the already expensive pan price to cover for the delivery charges. My solution after googling; baked it in an 8" square pans, then divide it into 1/3 and 2/3. The 2/3 portion became the main body, the balance 1/3 divided again ito 3/4 and 1/4 for the base and upper left "lip". This way I could fit the cake on the standard 12" cake board.

I got another order immediately after Nizaha's sister saw the cake. Thank you so much Niza!

0 comments: