Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Banana Muffins Sequels

Tried a few more experimentation for the banana muffins. Found out that some versions of delicious banana smoothies do not equal to delicious banana muffins. I had definitely gone overboard when I tried banana+choc chip+strawberry choc chip muffins (maybe it's the imitation strawberry choc chip to blame) and orange+banana+raisins muffins. Let banana smoothies be banana smoothies, so I've learned.

Anyway, I did bake another 2 rounds of good banana muffins;
1) Kek Pisang Kukus from Rinn's recipe
(I substituted with pisang raja, they produced nice brown streaks like chocolate)


2) Wholewheat Banana+Carrot+Pecans Muffin
Recipe by me
100g whole wheat flour (as if this is going to make me feel less guilty, grin :) )
150g flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
70g white sugar
50g brown sugar
100g carrots
50g pecans
50g raisins
200g banana
2 egg
120ml oil

Mix all dry ingredients.
Mashed bananas, add beaten egg.
Fold banana+egg mix into the dry ingredients
Add oil to the mixture
Bake at 170C for 20-25mins.

0 comments: